Proving Ground is a digital design agency providing services and products to architects, engineers, and construction companies. We offer products and custom software development services to help our clients conceptualize, design, develop, and implement specialized software with an emphasis on data automation, processing, and analysis.
Proving Ground presently offers…
- Full-time salaried positions
- 30-hour work week (‘flex’ Fridays)
- Work from home (any US-based state)
- 401k retirement plans
- Healthcare benefits
- Educational assistance.
To submit an application for consideration…
- Send applications to email@example.com
- Include a cover letter
- Include a resume
- Provide link to work examples and/or portfolio
- Full-time job positions are for US-based citizens or permanent residents. Other applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Here are our current openings…
Web Applications Developer
Proving Ground is seeking a full-time web applications developer to support the development of custom solutions and products. Ideal candidates will have experience in writing TypeScript with Vue on front end and Node backend. Solutions are deployed using DevOps pipelines and docker containers.
- Develop ‘subject matter expertise’ in Proving Ground’s existing custom software solutions, processes, and standards.
- Develop and extend Proving Ground’s existing web applications for data visualization, automation, and data analysis.
- Use professional expertise and experience to recommend and propose improvements to Proving Ground’s software development workflow.
- Propose software development approaches and tactics that address client requirements.
- Support clients by applying software testing and bug resolution techniques.
- Apply creative problem solving to understand client requirements and define software development tactics.
Measures of Success
- Develops working, maintainable software that addresses service and product requirements.
- Services and products demonstrate evolution and improvement over time.
- Standards and methods for software development are improved over time.
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of web development experience.
- Technical skills including:
- Creating and extending TypeScript-based web applications with Vue and Node
- Deploying with technology comparable to DevOps pipelines and Docker containers
- General familiarity and willingness to learn/work with the technology stack components currently used by Proving Ground.
- Ability to navigate and evaluate possible solutions to complex workflow and analytical problems.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
You will have the opportunity to grow your role at Proving Ground in a number of directions:
- Developing skills in creating and publishing software that has immediate practice use and impact.
- Leadership growth in proposing, implementing, and maintaining software standards and practices.
- Gaining experience in working with globally recognized customers and clients.