Move beyond hunches and hypotheses to leverage data in early stage planning and design. Explore and implement computational design best practices to translate Excel-based building program lists to simple geometry in Rhino; then manipulate that geometry while live monitoring the total building implications on a customized heads-up display, made utilizing Conduit.
- Introduction to Grasshopper Visual Programming.
- Create a Grasshopper data set to:
- Translate Excel data and create Rhino geometry.
- Assign spreadsheet data values to object user key parameters.
- Read geometry properties to assign live-updating display colors.
- Overview of Conduit to create heads up displays.
- Understand the screen bounds, proportional graphics editing, and the types of visualization possible with Conduit.
- Add Conduit live-updating displays to in-class created dataset to:
- Compare areas imported from spreadsheet to modified geometry areas.
- See department area as a portion of the whole.
- See department construction cost as a portion of the whole.
- Rhinoceros 5.0
- Grasshopper 0.9.0076
- Administrator privileges to install software on your computer
July 21, 2017
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
1001 Farnam Street, Suite 203
Omaha, Nebraska 68114
Lunch included with registration.