Turn your Rhino geometry into data-rich objects for design exploration.
Standard geometry modeling tools provide limited capabilities for integrating data into the design workflow. Meanwhile, conventional BIM tools are often cited as being too “data heavy” for agile design exploration. Semantic aims to find a middle ground: we have developed a new user interface framework for assigning and managing data properties to raw geometry in Rhino. We use Semantic with our clients to realize custom applications that combine lightweight modeling and data-rich reporting to support activities including design, estimation, and analysis.
We use Semantic to…
- Assign custom data attributes to geometric objects.
- Define formula-driven calculations across multiple properties.
- Create custom queries of model data and produce exportable reports.
- Control model properties using a variety of UI tools.
Semantic is a custom user interface framework that we use to build data-rich applications in Rhino. We use Semantic to build custom apps for architects, engineers, contractors, and manufacturers.
Our approach involves…
- Creating a strategy that positions Rhino as a data-driven design tool.
- Working with your team to define data and workflow requirements.
- Creating custom user interfaces supporting data management for your business.
- Deploying and maintaining the custom application in your organization.
Create and Assign Custom Rhino Object Properties
Query the Rhino Model and Create Reports